French Lessons for Professionals
” Agnes was an incredible French tutor. She created content that was tailored towards the business I work in (the fashion industry) and we reviewed many tenses that I had been struggling with. She helped me to break bad French speaking habits and form new better habits for learning. It was a wonderful experience and I will be continuing as I infiltrate myself in the workplace here in France. Merci Agnes.“
Allie R. from Florida, United States
Learn Business French in Paris or online
My Business French courses are designed for professionals who :
- would like to communicate more fluently with their clients, business partners and colleagues within a French-speaking organization
- boost your employees’ French language skills to reinforce your presence on the international scene
- wish to apply for jobs in France
With my professionals French courses, you will learn how to :
- hold conversations with your business partners, colleagues and managers
- make oral presentations and speeches
- help you write your CV and your cover letter
- conduct meetings, interviews and negotiations
- discuss with patients and clients
Corporate French classes focus on the acquisition of vocabulary and grammatical structures necessary for targeted professional situations. We will work on the four basic communication skills. We will also reinforce oral communication skills with our practical workshops focusing on business use cases and role plays :
- telephone calls
- job interviews
The objective is to allow you to gain confidence when you speak in French.
French for medecine
Learn to communicate efficiently in French with your patients whether you are a a doctor, dentist, medical assistant, nurse, home aid health, physician, pharmacist or therapist,…
French for gastronomy
Do you dream of opening a restaurant or bakery in France? To achieve your goal, I offer tailored gastronomy French classes. Ideal for cooks, pastry cooks, bakers, sommeliers, chefs and sous chefs
French for tourism
With nearly 90 million total foreign tourists, France is ideal for tourism professionals. French classes can be adapted to your role : airline pilot, travel agent, cruise ship worker, tour guide, flight attendant, travel blogger,..
French for administration
Personalized Business French classes are organised if you work as a banker, client manager, lawyer, executive assistant, secretary, real estate agent, support specialist, financial clerk,..
French for art and craft
I can also assist with French lessons customized to your artistic field. I have worked in the past with writer, photographer, fashion designer, illustrator, art teacher, architect, film director, journalist, web designer, make-up artist,..
Companies I have collaborated with
- Fashion : Lacoste, Galeries Lafayette, Esmod Paris
- Tourism : Air France
- Education : University of Tampa, HEC Paris, Cordon Bleu
- Media : ABC Australia
- Banking : HSBC
- Organization : Doctors without Borders
During the first class, I establish your level of French, learning needs and discuss a customized program for you.
Prepare a French Exam for professional purposes
I also offer private lessons focused on the preparation for the following French exams to Professionals :
- DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes de Langue Française – French Studies Diploma, A1 to B2 levels)
- DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française – Advanced French Studies Diploma, only for adults, C1/C2 level)
- TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français from Alliance Française, all levels)
- TEF (Test d’Evaluation en Français, Evaluation Test of French, from the French Chamber of Commerce)
- Any other exams in France or in your own country
Focus will be given on improving your exam skills by preparing for the exams through the four specific skills: oral comprehension (listening), written comprehension (reading), oral expression (speaking), and written expression (writing). My structured method involves rehearsing exams, assessment and active correction.
Effective Preparation Techniques for French exams
At French with Agnes, I recommend you follow an exam preparation course to complement your own study. I can help you identify which of the French levels you should take, too.
We will work together with a tailored approach :
- Exam practice is of course the best way to prepare for your certification. But the type of practice needs to be right. Reviewing old exam questions is not enough. It’s important that after each practice exam, we take time to analyse your wrong answers and think of how you can improve for your future exam
- Listening skills : we will train your ears to understand full sentences and specific words in fast speech with a lot of audio materials
- Speaking skills : the right pronunciation helps your examiner understand you quickly. It can also influence his/her opinion on your level of French speaking skills
- Grammar : French can be tricky as we have a lot of rules…and a lot of exceptions. The best way to remember French grammar is to use it and practice with activities of everyday situations.
The best approach to prepare for French exams
Having the right diplomas help students and professionals access international schools or French companies. DELF and DALF certification are great for students and professionals who plan to apply to a higher education institute or jobs in France.
The DELF and DALF certificates from the French Ministry of Education are internationally-recognised qualifications verifying the level of French you have achieved. They never expire.
Mastering French can be tough, but it’s so worthwhile. At French with Agnes, I’ve got lots of experience in supporting students and professionals to get their DELF/DALF certificates.
Why study French ?
- More than 300 million people speak French on the five continents.
- French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English, and the fifth most widely spoken language in the world.
- French is the international language of gastronomy, fashion, arts and architecture. A good knowledge of French offers access to great works of literature, as well as movies and songs. French is the language of Victor Hugo, Molière, Edith Piaf, Jean-Paul Sartre and many more
- In March 2014, Forbes magazine reported that French could become the world’s most spoken language by 2050 owing to significant population growth in sub-Saharan Africa.
- French is the primary or secondary language of the European Union, the World Trade Organization, the International Olympic Committee, and the International Committee of the Red Cross.