Terms and Conditions French Courses
Book your private French lessons in complete serenity
French classes – Terms and Conditions 2021
French with Agnes has a corporate purpose to promote the practice of the French language among professionals, expatriates and tourists. Using all appropriate means, teaching and exchanges, French with Agnes contributes to better understand the French culture.
As a result, French with Agnes offers tailored French courses to adult foreign learners. The General Terms and Conditions of French with Agnes are applicable to all classes.
French with Agnes is available via email (see below) or by phone at +33 (0) 7 64 15 18 09.
1 – Registration with your private French tutor
You have two ways to book your French courses :
- Using the Contact form
- By email: bonjour(at)frenchwithagnes.com
Once we receive your initial registration request, a first response with current availabilities will be sent within 24 hours. As soon as you complete your registration process, you will receive a confirmation email.
By finalizing your registration with French with Agnes, the student accepts without reservation these General Conditions.
2 – Payment of your French classes
French with Agnes requires payment in full upon registration. All payments must be made in Euros.
A professional invoice will be provided so that you get reimbursed part or all your private French lessons.
Payment of each 10-hour package must be done in full (prepaid) before the first class.
Rates indicated are excluding any additional banking fees.
Courses are paid with a single payment upfront. We do not offer a payment plan. There is no discount nor trial for new clients.
2a – Payment of online French courses
For private classes, payment must be received at least 48 hours prior to the first lesson.
For small group classes, you must organize the payment at least 7 (seven) days before the first session.
You can organize the payment by :
- Bank transfer or international bank transfer
French with Agnes will send you all necessary bank details.
- Online, using Wise or Terra
French with Agnes’ students regularly use Wise to reduce their fees. You can choose another virtual money transfer of your choice.
Amounts provided do not include any banking and transfer fees.
2b – Payment of face-to-face French courses
You can choose to pay by bank transfer, online transfer or cash. A deposit of 100 Euros will be required to secure your package booking and 50 Euros for ad-hoc classes.
3 – French courses packages
You can buy 1 (one) or several 10-hour packages in order to benefit from a 10% discount. Every time you buy 10 (ten) hours, you get 1 (one) hour free.
Each new private lessons package is valid for 6 (six) months from the date of the first class, subject to availability. After 6 (six) months, refunds cannot be given under any circumstance. We canot guarantee your preferred days and times will then be available.
4 – Change Policy of your French lessons
Private French courses :
- Your teacher must be notified at least 48 business hours (Monday-Friday) in advance of any schedule change you wish to make. If you decide to cancel your course of your own free will after this delay, you will not get refund or compensation.
- Classes are booked on a first come first served basis. If you are no longer unavailable at the agreed time, we will do our best to find another suitable time slot for you. However, we cannot guarantee its availability.
- Classes start on the agreed and confirmed schedule. Unfortunately, delays are not permitted without notice and unless exceptional circonstances. The teacher will wait for approximatively 15 minutes. After this delay, the class will be due.
- You are allowed to postpone one private class per month. Any other classes postponed will be considered as canceled without sufficient notice and class will be charged at the agreed hourly rate.
- You cannot change the day/time of the same private class for more than 3 (three) times consecutively. After 3 changes, the lesson will be organized at the last agreed day/time.
Small Group French courses :
- One small group class change of schedule may be accepted for the duration of the course. A 48-hour notice (business hours Monday-Friday) will be required.
- If you are late and the lesson has already started, you can join quietly the group as the link will stay active
- If nobody has joined the group session 15 minutes after the agreed time, the class will considered and due as normal.
5 – Cancellation Policy of your French lessons
- 10-hour packages are not refundable
- In case of absence during class time, French with Agnes will not refund or compensate for lessons you have missed.
- If for different personal reasons, you have to leave Paris earlier than planned or if you decide to stop your French lessons, we won’t directly offer a reimbursement. However, you will have the possibility to continue and finish your contract with lessons on Zoom or Skype. You will get a credit valid for 6 (six) months
- French with Agnes will offer to postpone all courses for 6 (six) months at no extra cost only under these circumstances :
- force majeure
- state of emergency
- governmental decision
- In the event that French with Agnes cancels a class for personal reason or under exceptional circumstances, a make-up lesson will be scheduled by the teacher with the student or the small group. No alternative make-up dates will be offered for students who are unable to attend the scheduled make-up class.
6 – Additional Policies
6a – General rules
- Group lessons take place at a minimum of 2 (two) participants. If you cannot attend the class, the resources used during the lessons will be sent by email on the same day.
- Group classes last a minimum of 1.5h per lesson. One-on-one lessons can be for 1 (one), 1.5 or 2 (two) hours.
- For lessons of 2 (two) hours and over, a short break of 5 (five) minutes may be organized between each hour. This will be discussed and agreed between each participant.
- Online classes will not be recorded. Materials and notes will be sent by email shortly after each class.
- French with Agnes reserves the right to adjust curriculum or decide not to renew a completed package with an existing student or group.
- Classes are reserved for students 17 years of age and up.
6b – Disruptive Student Policy
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who is disruptive, or who causes any kind of safety concern to our students or teacher.
- We kindly ask you to limit the use of your smartphone during the class, except for emergency.
6c – Promotion and Gift Cards
- Gift cards are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Promotional discounts cannot be combined or added on top of class credits. Each discount is applicable to one full-priced class registration only.
When you purchase one of our French lessons, there is no guarantee that you will achieve a specific outcome using any of the recommendations, resources and books presented. We make no promises or warranties concerning your probability of success if you don’t genuinely do the work.
Your achievement depends entirely on your own dedication, motivation and commitment. We will give you every tools and advices we can to help you reach your goals. However, we do not guarantee that you will attain a particular result. You understand that results differ for each individual. Each individual’s results depend on his or her unique background, willingness to do the work, attendance of the classes and numerous other factors.