Frequently Asked Questions - French lessons in Paris
Questions I often receive about my French classes in Paris
About French with Agnes
Students from my French lessons in Paris are coming from a lot of different countries, with various backgrounds.
They come from Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, New-Zealand, Norway, Russia, Spain, South Africa, Tunisia, United Kingdom or USA.
My students are architect, banking intern, chef, engineer, entrepreneur, farmer, fashion designer, graduate, marine biologist, medicine student, retired military, sales specialist, surgeon or tour guide.
Age ranges from 17 to 72 year-old. It’s never too early or too late to learn!
French classes and Homework
Here is a summary of the current level and terminology I use :
1. Beginner (A1)
- Can use familiar words and simple phrases for concrete purposes
- Can ask and answer basic questions about home, family, surroundings
2. Elementary (A2)
- Can understand common expressions (personal or family information, shopping, work)
- Can communicate on familiar subjects
3. Intermediate (B1)
- Can handle most situations that come up when travelling in a region where the language is spoken
- Can narrate an event, experience, a desire or goals
4. Upper Intermediate (B2)
- Can communicate fluently during a conversation with a native speaker
- Can speak in a clear, detailed way on several subjects and provide advantages and disadvantages
5. Advanced (C1)
- Can understand complex texts
- Can use the language effectively and fluently in a social, professional or academic context
6. Proficient (C2)
- Can effortlessly understand almost everything you read
- Can speak in a spontaneous, fluent way
We will work together during the first class to determine your specific needs and objectives and build a suitable lesson plan accordingly. As an experienced private French teacher with many years of international experience I am available to give you advice on how to maximize your learning and help you to reach your goals
Read my testimonials to see the feedbacks from my previous students
You are provided all the class materials that your need throughout your French learning experience. However if you have preferences, please let me know in advance and I can get it for you.
Homework is not mandatory but recommended in order ensure a regular progress. I recommend that you spend between 15 and 30 minutes a few days a week during your private French lesson.
Payment and registration
If you need to cancel or reschedule a private French lesson, please contact me at least 48 business hours (Monday-Friday) in advance to avoid charges. Private French classes cancelled less than 48 business hours in advance will be billed at the regular rate.
Face-to-face lessons : payment for ad-hoc French courses is due before or during the first class by bank transfer or cash
Online lessons : payment is due by bank transfer at least 48 hours prior to the class day.
If you’d like to benefit from the 10% discount and get a 10-hour package, then the payment is due in full (500 Euros for one person, 720 Euros for 2-4 people) before or during the first class. You are welcome to try one class at a regular price and then decide for a package.
I accept payment by bank transfer, international transfer or in cash. A professional invoice is provided if required.
You are welcome to try a two-hour lesson (charged at the regular rate) before choosing if you want to sign up for a program. Kindly note that each booking must be done within 48 hours of the class.