Frequently Asked Questions
You are welcome to try a two-hour lesson (charged at the regular rate) before choosing if you want to sign up for a program. Kindly note that each booking must be done within 48 hours of the class.
Here is a summary of the current level and terminology I use :
1. Beginner (A1)
- Can use familiar words and simple phrases for concrete purposes
- Can ask and answer basic questions about home, family, surroundings
2. Elementary (A2)
- Can understand common expressions (personal or family information, shopping, work)
- Can communicate on familiar subjects
3. Intermediate (B1)
- Can handle most situations that come up when travelling in a region where the language is spoken
- Can narrate an event, experience, a desire or goals
4. Upper Intermediate (B2)
- Can communicate fluently during a conversation with a native speaker
- Can speak in a clear, detailed way on several subjects and provide advantages and disadvantages
5. Advanced (C1)
- Can understand complex texts
- Can use the language effectively and fluently in a social, professional or academic context
6. Proficient (C2)
- Can effortlessly understand almost everything you read
- Can speak in a spontaneous, fluent way
We will work together during the first class to determine your specific needs and objectives and build a suitable lesson plan accordingly. As an experienced private French teacher with many years of international experience I am available to give you advice on how to maximize your learning and help you to reach your goals
Read my testimonials to see the feedbacks from my previous students
I get to meet people from a lot of different countries, with various backgrounds and I absolutely love it!
My students come from Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, New-Zealand, Norway, Russia, Spain, South Africa, Tunisia, United Kingdom or USA.
They are architect, banking intern, chef, engineer, entrepreneur, farmer, fashion designer, graduate, marine biologist, medicine student, retired military, sales specialist, surgeon or tour guide.
Age ranges from 17 to 72 year-old. It’s never too early or too late to learn!
If you must cancel or reschedule a private French lesson, please contact me at least 48 hours in advance to avoid charges. Private French classes cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be charged at the regular rate.
Payment for the course is due with the first French lesson once you have decided to commit with me. I accept payment by bank transfer or in cash.
You are provided all the class materials that your need throughout your French learning experience. However if you have preferences, please let me know in advance and I can get it for you.
Homework is not mandatory but recommended in order ensure a regular progress. I recommend that you spend between 15 and 30 minutes a few days a week during your private French lesson.
Do you still have questions ?
Send me a quick message and I’ll be pleased to reply to you within 24 hours